My friends and I went over to Fable Diner this morning for a friends birthday.
On Sunday’s they have “Prohibition Brunch” which is an insanely good deal. For $25 you get all of the following:
- Coffee or Tea
- A morning cocktail, milkshake or juice
- A pastry
- One of their popular mains
- A sweet treat
So much bang for your buck, but the best part of it all is that the food here is absolutely delicious!
- Green tea – came in a cute little teapot
- Caesar – I asked for this extra spicy, but it didn’t come that way. I asked for some more tabasco sauce to be put in it and the waitress pointed at the hot sauce on the table (not Tabasco). I repeated that it was for the caesar and she said yes it’s good for that. I tried it and it wasn’t bad, but I like my Tabasco.
- A pastry – today’s pastry was jalapeno scones. Ohh ehmm gee, so good. They were bite size which is perfect given how much food you get overall. They were golden, buttery and warm.
- Roasted duck pancake – cornmeal pancake with duck meat, kimchi, green onion and some crispy bits. Okay to be quite honest, this one sounded weird to me. I was not too sure about it, but this dish was featured on the Food Network show “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” so I just had to give it a try. I am so happy I did. This was the showstopper. I completely cleaned my plate. It’s a unique combination that just works!
- Sweet treat – we received chocolate chip cookies and they were delectable.
Bonus – they brought out my friend an ice cream sundae with a candle in it for her birthday. The waiter that brought it out to us, stayed and sang happy birthday along with us too.
The waitress that we had was friendly and nice, but we felt that the service could still be improved a bit. We were not checked on as much as we would have liked. We wanted more water, napkins, etc at various times during our sitting and it was difficult to flag her down or get her attention.
The food here is really, really good! Also, they take reservations and a lot of restaurants don’t for brunch so I loved that. Looking forward to bringing the hubby to try this spot.