It was the hubby’s birthday a few weeks ago. We’d been talking about trying Hawksworth for quite some time, so I decided to take him there for his birthday dinner.
The restaurant is really beautiful. There’s a statement light fixture in the center of the room that is just wow. The interior is gorgeous with clean, neutral colors. There are lots of windows bringing in tons of natural light as well. The space screams sophistication.
In my reservation, I had made note that we were celebrating my husband’s birthday. The hostess and our waitress wished him a happy birthday. I thought that was a nice personable touch.
For my cocktails I tried:
- Guava room – appleton signature rum, lime, guava, hibiscus and clove syrup
- Pink elephant – absolut vodka, odd society cassis, raspberry, rose, lemon, egg white
- Dark walker – jw black label, amaro, ardbeg 10 year
- Hawksworth knocked the cocktails out of the park. Great presentation and even better taste for all of them.
For our meal we had:
- Caviar and kushi oysters – northern divine caviar with creme fraiche on oysters. These were so beautifully presented. I felt bougie having them, haha. They were good.
- Grilled octopus – kimchi, wakame salad, sesame. One of my favorite dishes of the evening. This was so delicious. The kimchi complemented the octopus so well.
- Burrata toast – toast with creamy burrata, crushed sweet English peas, fresh mint and a drizzle of olive oil. This dish was fresh and simple. Who doesn’t love burrata?
- Roasted bone in halibut with lobster tail on the side – this was Chris’ meal. He loved the fish and the lobster tail. There was white beans as a side that he wasn’t too crazy about.
- Ricotta and herb ravioli with lobster tail on the side – I thought this dish was good, but a bit on the salty side. I wasn’t certain if this was meant to be salty on purpose or if it was over-salted. I had Chris try it and he felt the same. The lobster tail was delish!
- Dark chocolate and pecan cake – omg, this was so freakin’ good! They brought it out with a chocolate happy birthday sign and birthday candles. It was so cute!
Our server was Alex and she was awesome. She was attentive, friendly, and personable.
We had such a lovely dining experience. It was such a highlight!